• March 21, 2018: Surge Valve and Soil Moisture Meter School, Rector, Ark.
Four more soil moisture sensor schools that Dr. Chris Henry is conducting, some include surge valves. Cost is $400 for approx $700 worth of materials, PLEASE PREREGISTER by calling Stewart Runsick at 870-857-6875.
• March 23: Alabama Cooperative Extension Center Southern Alabama Cover Crop Field Day, Wiregrass Research and Extension Center (WREC) and Johnson Farm, Headland, Alabama – event details
• March 27: Alabama Cooperative Extension Center, Central Alabama Cover Crop Field Day
E.V. Smith Field Crops Unit and Lazenby Farms (similar to March 23 field day), Shorter, Alabama – event details
• March 27: Cover Crop/Climate Change Adaption Field Day
University of Tennessee Milan Research and Education Center, Milan, Tennessee, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. – event details
• April 17: Grain Bin Rescue Workshops
Calhoun County Extension Office, Pittsboro, Mississippi. The Mississippi State University Extension Service is hosting the grain bin rescue training programs. Both programs are coordinated with the Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation. Training for producers and farm laborers will be held from 2-4 p.m. A 5 p.m. dinner will precede the 6-9 p.m. workshop for firefighters and other first responders. Turnout gear is required for this course. Three hours of educational credit will be given through the Mississippi State Fire Academy – event details
• July 26, 2018: Milan No-Till Field Day
Milan AgResearch and Education Center, Milan, Tennessee. Event is hosted by the University of Tennessee. Registration is free and begins at 6 a.m. First field tour leaves at 7 a.m. – event details
If you have an event you want listed, please send the information to Soybean South editor Vicky Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.